The entrepreneur’s journey is full of challenges and filled with life-changing lessons. The one who wants to be a successful entrepreneur should learn how to make most of a bad situation and learn from his mistakes.
That’s the lesson biggest lesson everyone should learn from successful young entrepreneurs. Here he has some other important business lessons to share with you to help you in your entrepreneurial journey.
Anything is possible if you don’t give up
“Winners never quit, and quitters never win.”- Vince Lombardi
If you are flirting with the idea of giving up, you could be losing something beautiful – your shining future.
You should ensure that your workers don’t feel demotivated when things aren’t going as you planned. It’s your job to keep them motivated with your never give up attitude. Tell them that you guys will make someone’s life better with your idea and hard work.
Once you have this attitude, your job will be more than a job, and you will be excited and motivated to go to work.
Never Underestimate the Power of Personal Branding
Getting recognition is one of the main achievements of an entrepreneur. Personal branding is an easy way to get recognised for your services. As an entrepreneur, you should focus on the following activities in order to build your personal brand:
- Self-promotion like Gary Vaynerchuk – Take advantage of social media and start sharing your thoughts, help people to solve their problems.
- Start a Personal Blog – Blogging is one of the best ways to promote yourself and share what’s in your mind with the world. Start your blog now and increase email subscribers through it.
- Email marketing – By 2023, the number of active email users will reach 4.3 billion. Start focusing on email list building and begin sending emails to them. You can share your blog posts and Youtube videos with them they will love to hear from you for sure.
- AMA – AMA stands for Ask me anything, you can choose any slack platform or opt for any social media platform like Reddit, Quora, Facebook and conduct an AMA session. It will help you to grab the audience’s attention and your image will get improved as an expert in their opinion.
The customer isn’t always right
We’ve all heard this phrase, “The customer is always right.” And, most entrepreneurs take this belief seriously without giving a second thought. However, treating customers like they are always right can be dangerous for entrepreneurs.
It won’t only affect your business but can also ruin your relationship with your employees and others who are engaged with you while running the business. Instead of chasing the wrong clients, you should focus on becoming the best solutions in the market.
The wise business person knows when he should say no – before it’s late. As a smart entrepreneur, you should always look for the solution that satisfies everyone and make them happy.
Value of your time
You can get everything back, whether it is money, resources, or clients, but one thing that you can’t get back is time. Your time is the most excellent resource you have – so use it well.
To get the most of your time, you must learn how to prioritize your important tasks. Make sure you engage with the top-level functions such as meeting and looking for financers, etc. You should leave other less critical tasks for your employees and focus on tasks which only you can do.
And don’t forget your family and friends make some time for them as well.
Don’t fall in cheap marketing
One of the valuable advices is to avoid cheap marketing. When you have a long term goal with your business, you should avoid fishy marketing campaigns.
Cheap marketing will make your brand look cheap.
Low-quality content, budget SEO, sponsored posts on spammy sites, and cheap ads might save you some bucks and bring you quick success. But the damage they will do to your business will won’t recover soon.
To do a successful business, you shouldn’t be afraid of investing in modern content marketing.
Outsource as much as you can
If you don’t have in-house staff to do the tasks, then outsourcing can be a wise decision. Many entrepreneurs now love to hire an overseas virtual assistant to reduce the workload on them.
The best part of outsourcing is that you can find the best people for your business at a competitive price. Additionally, you’ll have enough time that you will save, freeing yourself from other time-consuming tasks.
When outsourcing, make sure you hire people who have enough experience and positive reviews from the previous clients.
Be a Decision Maker
Decision making is a crucial skill every entrepreneur must have. As an entrepreneur you must listen to your team but should not wait for someone else to take right decisions.
For taking right decision, you must have a list of the problems with their root cause than you should take decisions based on their urgency. If the problem is going to affect your business more than urgency of solving that would be more.
Your job doesn’t end up with the decision making. Make sure your decision gets implemented as well. Take follow up from your team and analyze if things are going towards the solution.
Don’t take Stress
A good leader is never stressed. Entrepreneurs face a new challenge every day but the best entrepreneur never takes stress. They always stay calm and do their work.
If you will take stress your and your team’s productivity would get hampered.
Following are the easy ways to relieve stress and make your workplace a happy place:
- Count your breath: Take deep breath and count them till 10, it is a tried and tested method to control the anger. It will save you and your team as well J
- Drink more water: You have to stay hydrated in order to think better. – Says Mike Collins. Try it than you will believe it for sure.
- Sing a song: I know it sounds weird, but just like counting your breath makes you feel relaxed. Singing a song for a couple of minutes will distract you from the stress and you will feel relaxed for sure.
- Meditate: Meditation is a fail proof method to stay calm and think better. Practice meditation for at least 21 days you will see a change in your life for sure.
There you have it eight valuable advices that can make a big difference when you are willing to make a profitable and sustainable business from scratch. Let me know which advice you are going to implement first?