Image source: schengenvisainfo.com
How To Apply For Schengen Visa And What Countries Are Covered Under It?
Schengen Area is a zone encompassing 26 European countries that allow a free internal movement across their borders. The citizens from these countries can move across the borders without having to obtain a Visa. These countries are called Schengen Countries, and the Visa required to visit these countries from the other parts of the world is called Schengen Visa. Most of the 26 countries that are a part of the Schengen Zone are also some of the most famous tourist attractions and leading European countries.
Find the name of the 26 countries Covered under Schengen Visa below:
- Czech Republic
Of all the 26 countries, some are members of the EU, and some are not. So, please don’t confuse both the categories. There are many other countries that might soon join the zone, such as Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland. So, we recommend checking their status and other such Visa requirements before filling the online forms to avoid wastage of resources.
Now, if you wish to visit any of these countries, you need a proper visa, which is also called Schengen Visa. In the following discussion, you will find the entire process of applying for this Visa in a stepwise manner, the eligibility and required documents, and many other such helpful pointers.
Read all about the Visa process in the following sections and plan an exciting visit to the dreamy European countries. Before we begin, please be informed that if you are planning to visit more than two Schengen countries, you need separate Visas for them.
Types of Schengen Visa:
- Transit Visa
- Visa for Medical Reasons
- Tourism Visa
- Study Visa
- Business Visa
- Visa for family or friends’ visit
- Official visit Visa
- Cultural and Sports activities Visa
What is the best time to apply for the Visa?
You can apply at the most six months before your travel and at least 15 days earlier for the Visa. We recommend completing the Visa process earlier than booking the tickets; or such that your Visa arrives well in time before your journey date. Many times people have to reschedule their journeys because of the late arrival of Visa. If you are worried that immediate ticket bookings might come at a higher price, then worry not! You can make use of many other available options to economise on ticket bookings, such as Qatar Airways promo code. They are readily available and can help you enjoy decent savings on ticket bookings.
What are the eligibility norms for a Schengen Visa?
Just like any other Visa, a Schengen Visa has a different set of eligibility norms for different Visas. For example, if you are seeking a student Visa, the norms are relevant to your application and status as a student. If you are going to visit family, you have to check your eligibility as per the norms of the family, visit Visa. So, the norms vary across the applicants, and we recommend checking them beforehand.
How to apply for Schengen Visa?
You can apply in the consulate office, by buying a Visa application and filling it in person. Otherwise, you can also fill the Visa application online. Another way to submit the Visa form is via a travel agent or overseas education consultant, as per your case. You can also approach the business tourism operators for swift and reliable services. However, they might come at a higher price.
Check out the process for online Visa application and submission in the following section.
- Visit the official website of the country you are planning to visit. Reach the Visa application section and read all the instructions mentioned there.
- Complete online registration that will comprise submitting:
Personal details like name, gender, and age, etc
- Once you have completed the online registration, you will be issued a username or registration number, which will be your unique ID. Keep it safe as you will require it in the future.
- Check your eligibility and the set of documents you require for the Visa application. Though every type of Visa requires a different set of documents, some of the common ones are:
- A duly filled and signed SCHENGEN Visa (tourist/student/business/others) application form
- Passport, which is valid for at least 3 months (must have at least two blank pages and must not be more than 10 years old)
- Documents related to accommodation (invitation letter from the host in case of private accommodation and bookings receipt in case of hotel etc.)
- Document indicating sufficient personal means of sustenance
- Documentary proof indicating that you intend to return to the country of your origin once the course is over or that your long-term goals are focused there
- Travel/health insurance coverage for the entire duration of stay
- Proper documents for the multiple-entry Visa
- Passport size photograph (2 inch *2 inch)
- You have to upload the scanned images of the important documents. Follow the scanning instructions to make sure that your application is not rejected.
- Complete the fee remission, and submit the form.
Once you have submitted the form, you can track your application using the application number. You will be called for the Visa interview later, where the officials might confirm your reasons to visit the foreign nation and verify your documents. Your interview will also include questions on your transit, travel schedule, and other such inquiries. Be firm, honest, and make sure your information matches the one mentioned in the application form.
Finally, the Visa will reach you in 7 to 15 days, and you can travel!
So, submit your application and enjoy your stay!