If your Sony hardware is not working correctly? If yes, then consider updating the Sony VAIO drivers. Installing the latest version of Sony VAIO driver on your PC not only makes your hardware work without glitches but also helps you keep the device in good condition.
Therefore, we share the most straightforward methods to download the Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 10 through this post. But, before moving on to them, you need to know why it is necessary to have the latest Sony VAIO drivers in the first place. Below are the key benefits you get by downloading the latest Sony VAIO driver updates.
- Increased PC speed
- No glitches while performing any task
- No errors such as the Blue Screen of Death.
Now that you know why it is important to have the latest drivers, the next segment focuses on the methods to download the same.
The best methods to download Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 10
Sony VAIO driver download is not a tough task to accomplish. You can easily download the Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 10 with the methods shared below.
Method 1: Manual download from Sony support website
You can download the latest Sony VAIO driver from Sony’s official website. Below are the steps to do it without any hassles.
- Visit the Sony eSupport page
- Locate your hardware device
- Select the operating system you are using
- Download the latest Sony VAIO driver on your computer
- Double click on the downloaded file to begin its installation
- Enter the User Account Control password when prompted to do so
- Select your country on the screen that appears and then click on Next
- Once the VAIO care screen pops up, click on the Next button
- A license agreement dialog box pops up on the screen, click on I Agree to begin the Sony VAIO driver installation
- After the installation finishes, click on the Finish button
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the latest Sony VAIO drivers.
The above steps seem easy. But, if you encounter any difficulties while following them or they don’t work for you, then we have two more solutions for you.
Method 2: Automatic download using Device Manager
It is possible to download Sony drivers for Windows 10 using the Device Manager on your computer. Here’s how to do it.
- Press Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard
- Once the Run dialog box appears, type devmgmt.msc and click on OK to open the Device Manager
Image Source: isunshare
- Once the Device Manager window comes up on the screen, double click the branch of the device you want to download the drivers for
- Right-click on the device and choose Update driver option from the menu that appears
- After the Update driver windows open, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” option
Image Source: windowscentral
After you complete the above steps, the Device Manager automatically looks for and installs the latest Sony VAIO drivers on your computer.
Method 3: Manual download using Device Manager
Sometimes, when the Sony VAIO driver’s latest version is only recently launched, Windows may fail to detect and download it automatically. In such cases, you need to manually download the same using Device Manager. Here we share the steps to do it with ease.
- Open Device Manager. The steps to open it are shared above
- Once the Device Manager window opens, right-click on the device for which you want to get the drivers
- Choose Update Drivers from the menu that comes up on the screen
- After the Update Drivers window opens, select “Browse my computer for driver software”
Image Source: windowscentral
- Click on the Browse button and select the folder where you have extracted the Sony VAIO drivers
- Click on the OK button and checkmark the include subfolders option
- Lastly, click on the Next button.
Once you complete the above steps, the latest Sony VAIO drivers with new features and improved performance get installed on your computer.
Hopefully, this post has helped you download the latest Sony VAIO drivers on your Windows 10 PC. We would suggest you not just download and forget the drivers. Update them from time to time as regular updates enhance the hardware’s performance and add years to your PC’s life.