CLAT is a national entrance exam for all aspiring lawyers to take admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. But thousands of candidates appear for the exam making it competitive to qualify for it. Here, we will discuss how to study and crack the CLAT examination with useful tips and strategies. Read On!
CLAT exam latest updates
With Corona Virus going on, CLAT 2020 was postponed a couple of times this year. It was finally conducted on 28th September 2020. But there were certain changes made in the exam pattern. The CLAT notification was updated from time to time on their official website. The CLAT paper was of 120 minutes, with 150 questions only instead of 200 questions. There was one mark for the correct answer and 0.25 negative mark for the wrong answer in multiple-choice questions. There were several other rules specified with regards to the CLAT 2020 examination.
CLAT Exam 2020
As said, the CLAT exam 2020 has reduced the number of questions and time due to the ongoing pandemic. Also, there are specific rules announced on the official website keeping safety in mind for all candidates. Make sure you remain updated with all the notifications announced on the official website.
The class syllabus consists of 5 subjects:
- General Knowledge & current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English and
- Legal Aptitude
The test paper has 150 multiple choice questions with 0.25 negative marking as well. But there are four descriptive essays as well which do not carry any negative marking.
Having gone through all the procedures, notifications, patterns, and syllabus, let us understand what preparation you need to do for cracking the exam on the first attempt.
Preparation, tips, and strategies for cracking CLAT 2020
- Making a study plan is very important and it should be the first step you must take forward.
- After the study plan is made, you must understand the syllabus, exam pattern, and what all material is provided to study the same.
- Time management is, again, most crucial in competitive exams. So allow enough time to cover the whole syllabus and revision time as well. Ensure you have worked upon each and every topic and provided ample time to it.
- Ensure enrolling in CLAT coaching for expert guidance. This will also help you in understanding the concepts easily. Tips and tricks will be guided well by expert teachers.
- If you are thinking of cracking it in a very short period of it, it is possible, but chances are very less. So start preparing for the exam well in advance. This way, you can give enough time to your weak topics and strengthen them.
- CLAT mock tests are available online before the examination. Practice as much as you can to gain the required confidence.
- It is also necessary to solve previous years’ questions and sample papers to understand the exam’s difficulty level.
- Remain positive, calm, and confident on the day of examination. Stress and panic are two enemies that would demoralize you.