Are you finding it difficult to log in to your Facebook account? Are you not able to access your Facebook profile on mobile or PC? Whatever the problem, you can use the guide here to resolve all the issues without any trouble.
Whether you forgot the username, login details, or your Facebook account was hacked, you don’t need to panic a bit. For all the issues, there are different solutions available. And if you think that your account is hacked, then you might need to look at the privacy tips from the Facebook team.
Check for logged In Session
Well, you may have a session active on a device. If so, you have to check for that, and in case, there is one, you don’t need to recover the account.
So, go ahead and check all the devices you’ve used to login to your Facebook account in the past. The possibility of an active session is higher on PCs than mobile devices. So, open all the browsers you’ve used in the past to open the account. If you are using Google Chrome, then you can go to the password settings of the browser to look for saved passwords.
You may have to do the same for other browsers as well. If the password is saved on any of the browsers, you can use it to log on to the account again.
If there is an active session on a device, then you can open the Facebook profile page to change the password of the account. Here are the steps:
- Click on the arrow mark from the top right and then click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the Security and Login from the left panel and then look for the Login section.
- Click on the Change Password option from the Login section, and then you will be able to change the password with ease.
However, you will have to provide the current password of the account. If you don’t remember that, you can use the ‘forgot password link’ to reset it.
How to Recover Facebook Account
Now, if you don’t remember the password and there are no active sessions, the option you have is to reset the password. You can follow the steps listed here to reset the password of your Facebook account.
Here is the answer to your question ‘how to recover my Facebook account’.
- Open your favourite web browser and then enter facebook.com in the URL bar and hit Enter or press search button.
- Now, the home page of Facebook will open, and you need to click on the Forgot Password link located right under the password field in the login form.
- Now, you need to enter the email ID or username in the new page search box and click on the search button.
- It will fetch the account and list the options to recover the account.
- If there is a session active, it will list that also and other ways to recover the account.
- Now, you need to select the option you can use to recover the account. You can either select the alternate email or mobile number option for that and click on the Next button.
- Now, You will receive a verification code on the option you’ve selected. Go ahead, open your phone or email to fetch the verification code.
- Now, move back to the recovery page and then enter the verification code in the Verify Box.
- Now, hit enter and it will take you to reset the password page if the code is correct.
- Now, you can enter the new password and confirm it and then click on the Continue button to proceed.
So, this is how you can get back when you can’t login Facebook on any devices. There are other ways to login to a Facebook account, such as trusted contacts. But the ‘Trusted Contacts’ method only works when you have set it up beforehand. One has to set up the trusted contacts method while logged in on the device. And once you have set it up, you can easily recover the account without the use of verification code on any email or mobile.