Image source: blog.hubspot.com
The most important part of maintaining a good customer service system is the performance of regular quality checks. As in one company, there are changes occurred in the employees from time to time. So, this can improve your customer service or can worsen it. There are some methods to measure the customer service performance, these are called customer service test.
You can know the problem areas and can measure which ones are doing well and which are not. Here we will discuss some points, which helps you in measuring the customer service performance, which are as follows:
- Access Customer Feedback- You can easily take an idea about the performance of your customer service team by taking the customer feedback. It is easy to take an idea about how is your team performing through the responses they are getting from customers. So, if you receive complaints about something, then it is clear that there is some need for improvement. And even if the customers didn’t tell much about what they didn’t like about their experience with your company, then you should have a look upon the ways to improve your service.
- Look at Active and Resolved Issues- You should keep track of your active and resolved issues, which will help you to understand how efficiently your system is working. So, if your customer service team is suffering from the issues promptly, then there will be more active issues than resolved ones. There are many reasons if the active list of issues is greater than the resolved ones, such as, due to bad batch condition, drop in performance, a lag in the system, or something else. So, regardless of the cause of the issues, you should address the issue as soon as possible.
- Rate of Escalation in Complaints- The steady and normal flow of complaints is the part of a healthy business, but if you find an unusual increase in the number of complaints, then there might be a problem, which is needed to be solved as soon as possible. If you become successful in tracing the cause of this increase in the number of complaints, then you can track the progress of your company.
- Response Speed- Response speed is measured as the time taken by your team to respond to your customer’s complaints. If your customers are processes quickly, then they become less frustrated and they give positive feedback. That is why it is crucial to respond to the customer’s query as quickly as possible. So, if your system is slowing down, then there is a need to do something to fasten it.
- Conversion Rate- The one more method of measuring customer service performance is to track the actions of your customers after they have interacted with your team. This will allow you to judge how your customers respond to your company’s service advisors. So, if they purchase something or make some positive action, then it means that your customer service is running well. And if the response is negative, then you need to take some actions.
- Improvement in Satisfaction- You should also track the improvement rates in customer satisfaction over the years. This will show you about the progression of quality over a time period. So, if there is any drop in the satisfaction rates, then you need to seek the problem. But if it is improving with time, then it shows that the customer service performance of your company is good.
Here, above we discussed the ways that how to measure the customer service performance. Now, here we are going to discuss the reasons for poor customer service and how to avoid them, which are as follows-
- Not Hiring the Right People- The quality of the customer service is largely dependent on the quality if people, you have hired. As, your customer service team interacts with the customers, so it is most important to choose the right persons. So, to avoid this problem, you should screen all your candidates carefully and also make sure that that are having the right skills and attitude to deal with customers. No doubt, it may take some time in choosing the right candidates, but it will pay off in the long run.
- Lack of Training- It could be the most common reason for your poor customer service that you don’t give proper training to your employees. So, if you don’t provide your employees with the right training, they can make mistakes while dealing with customers and this will affect the overall performance of your customer service. So, to avoid this, you should make sure to give proper training to your employees to make their skills sharp. And they should possess all the necessary information regarding the company and also, they should know about your company’s goals and targets. They should have the necessary skills to help your customers in every possible situation.
- Lack of Belief in the Product and the Company- The one more important reason of your poor customer’s service is that your employees are not able to connect with the company or they don’t have belief in the products of the company. This can be due to many reasons. So, you should try to solve this problem. To solve this problem, you should talk to your employees about why they don’t believe in the company’s products and if they have any suggestions for the company, then you should implement them.
- Lack of Respect for the Customers- If the employees are not paying attention to the customers, then sometimes the customers take it as disrespect. This can be due to the reason that the employees become distracted after a long day of work. One way to avoid this problem is that you can allow your employees to take some occasional break, which will refresh their minds and they can rejoin the company with better focus and motivation.
So, all these above-given points will help you in the betterment of your company’s customer service performance. And the one more method of measuring the customer service performance is the customer service test, by which a complete and true result of your company’s customer service performance has been evaluated.