The Internet has changed the way everyone lives and communicates. But it’s so much more than keeping in touch with your family and friends. It can also be used to simplify your financial life. It is a welcome change from the monotony of balancing your checkbook and correcting those antiquated handwritten ledger pages. With online banking at your fingertips it gives even the most dyed-in-the-wool paper trail junkie the opportunity to abandon ship and embrace the digital age and utilize online banking.
Banking online isn’t a new phenomenon and likely the majority of us already do it in one way or another. If you haven’t yet made the transition to online banking and are still searching for more information about the benefits, I’ve put together a list of reasons why you should consider using the Internet to manage your finances.
- Bank at your convenience by managing your accounts on your schedule, 24/7. The only thing you need is your computer, tablet or a smartphone with Internet access.
- Everyone has experienced his or her financial institution making an error and it’s not always in your favor. Or, I’m sure you have recorded a check incorrectly allowing the payment to fall through the cracks. The beauty of online banking is it allows you to monitor your account balance and pending transactions in realtime. And, since every transaction is recorded, it is possible to go back months to make sure every transaction has been recorded correctly.
- Have you ever been late with a bill or has a payment gotten lost in the mail? Paying your bills online is simple, fast and very secure. Just check with your credit union and set up online bill pay.
- It’s no longer necessary to wait for your paycheck to land on your desk. Just arrange for direct deposit online so you have immediate access to your money. It may be exciting to see that check up close and personal but the time you save waiting in line at the bank to make a deposit will make up for it.
- Do you have people in your life, like kids in college, that need a cash infusion right now? Online money transfers make it easy to send funds wherever they need to go – fast and easy and most of the time free. And, if you have multiple accounts, online transfers give you the convenience of moving funds as needed.
- Bank-on-the-go with online banking. Make a deposit, transfer funds or even deposit a check while you are waiting in line at the grocery store.
- Go paperless with eStatements. Save time. Save money. Save a tree! Environmentally conscious and security-minded people are choosing to receive eStatements in place of traditional paper statements that can be accessed within their personal online banking from anywhere, anytime.
- MoneyDeskTop by MX is designed to put a member’s data on center stage, molding it into a cohesive, intelligible and interactive visualization. MX provides access to a personal financial management software program whereby online banking becomes a “hub” of financial activity. Users aggregate accounts from any financial institution allowing members to track spending, create budgets and manage debt.
- Do you want to have a check-free life? With online banking it’s easy to pay people and get paid easier faster and cheaper than using checks.
- Be assured that your personal information is protected with online banking. Credit Unions typically use highly sophisticated encryption devices to ensure their members privacy and safety.
- Additionally, many credit unions allow their members to apply for accounts, order checks, stop payments, apply for loans and even communicate with them online. Consider all the benefits of having an online relationship with your credit union.
Moving your accounts online definitely won’t repair all your financial woes, and paying your bills by check or online won’t ever be something we look forward to. But, if you want to make your financial life easier and smarter, online banking is definitely the way to go. If you aren’t already using online banking, what are you waiting for?